How To Setup / Install HP Printer
- Tear open the packaging of the box and remove the accessories in the box like ink cartridges, power cords, USB cable, setup guides.
- Slide 123.hp.com printer out of the box and place it on a table.
- Use the power cord to attach one side to the printer and plug the other side to the wall outlet.
- Press the power button and wait until there is no noise before opening the cartridge access door.
- Remove the packaging and protective tab of the black ink cartridge. Place it in the respective slot. Repeat the same process with the color cartridge. Then, close the cartridge access door.
- Pull the input paper to load the papers. Then, adjust the papers with the paper width guide.
123.hp.com setup Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver
Set Windows Update to automatically download driver software
- First, check to see if your computer is automatically set to download the driver software.
- Browse the Windows to change device installation, and then click the change device installation settings in the control panel setting from the list of results.
- A device installation setting box will be seen and a question of “Do you want Windows to download driver software and realistic icons for your device?” will be asked to click the Yes option and save changes.
- 123.hp.com/setup automatic windows update is an advantage as clients can sometimes forget to download the latest upgrades regarding the driver software and this can lead to problems with quality printing of documents or images.
Install the print driver with the Add a Printer wizard
- At first, install the built-in printer using the network connection. Go to control, choose the control panel option. Tap the view devices and 123 hp setup printers. Then, tap to add a printer.
- Open the windows to choose the device or printer to add this PC.
- If the printer is in the list, click next and follow the instructions given. If not, choose the printer I want wasn’t listed and pick the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.
- Choose Windows update for www hp com setup printer drivers to update.
- Tap HP in the manufacturer’s pane and click the name of your printer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Choose add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname and type the printer IP address into the text box.
Set up the printer connection again to resolve the issue
Step 1 : How to Reconnect the printer
- Pick the option to connect a new 123 hp com setup printer. Choose the connection type and go through the steps given.
- Suppose a red X is displayed and the connection fails, click retry and go ahead with the next step.
- Tap the power button to switch off the printer.
- Shut down all the programs in your computer and then reboot the computer
- Switch on the computer and open HP Printer assistant
- If you are able to open the HP printer assistant, the problem is resolved.
- If you aren’t able to open 123.hp.com Printer assistant or the red X is displayed and the connection fails as well, continue with the next step.
- Let’s head to the next section that talks about uninstalling any HP printer software.
Step 3 : Reinstall the latest driver from the HP website
- Initially, switch on the printer.
- If the printer is connected to the system via USB cables, detach the cable from 123.hp.com/setup printer. There will be a prompt to connect the cable if the need arises.
- Head to the HP Customer Support-Software and driver downloads.
- There will be a let’s identify your product to get started page, choose a printer and type your printer model number and submit.
- If there is a need to change the operating system, tap change and find your version and click change again.
- In the driver heading, tap download for the complete software package or click Basic drivers for other driver options.
Step 2 : How to Uninstall any HP printer software
- First, make sure to uninstall hp com 123 printer driver software before reinstalling the latest driver.
- However, if the printer is connected to the system via USB cable, detach it from the printer.
- Subsequently, browse Windows for programs and features, and tap the Programs and Features from the list given.
- Next, from the list of programs, pick the HP printer name, and click uninstall or Yes.
- Afterward, go through the steps given as it will be a help in completing the software removal without any difficulties and hiccups.
- Finally, restart the computer.
- Next, we will talk about how to reinstall the latest driver from the HP website.
Step 4 : Restart the computer and the printer
- First and foremost, turn off the printer.
- Afterward, shut down all the running programs in your computer and reboot your computer.
- Next, switch on the printer again.
- Then, click the HP Printer Assistant. If you are able to open the Printer Assistant, the issues that have been causing problems have been solved. This is great as it now allows printing of documents or images to be done with high-quality again.
- On the contrary, if 123.hp.com HP Printer Assistant can’t be opened, and the Printer setup and software displays, connect the printer again and restart the computer and printer. This will finish the installation process. Now, you can proceed with printing documents or images with quality and ease.