123 HP Officejet 5220 Printer Setup
HP Officejet 5220 printers are widely used by people at different levels of work enhancing the works to be much easier. These 123.hp.com/oj5220 printers are designed in a sleek and an attractive way so that the user is so much convinced to opt this. The features supported by this printer range from the basic printing to faxing and even support the mobile printing facilities.
- It is capable of performing the tasks assigned by the users at all levels from micro office or small home-office.
- All these works are managed by 123.hp.com/setup 5220 printer along with the printer firmware to be installed on the connected computer.
123 HP Officejet 5220 First Time Printer Setup
Step 1: Unboxing the printer
- First check if the pack up that has the new printer is intact and then tears away all the tapes and the binding that are casing the pack.
- Then take the printer out from the package along with its accessories collection and leave it in a guarded and flat place and also convenient.
Step 2:Installation of Ink Cartridges
- Now, take out the genuine ink cartridges provided by the HP along with the printer pack and check for any break.
- Remove all the wrappers and cartons away from the ink cartridges and install it in its related slots on the carriage of the printer by matching its color.
Step 3:Load Enough Papers
- After all the other connections and structure are done, open the input tray and load it with decisive number of fresh and plain sheets of papers.
- Also, make sure that the papers used with the printer would suit all kinds of print jobs that are to be assigned to your 123 hp setup oj5220 printer.
123 HP Officejet 5220 Services
ePrint is a feature that uses only the email address of the printer to send any print job from the mobile device directly to it which reduces the physical involvement.
Airprint is a mobile printing solution provided chiefly for the Apple devices to consign the print job to the printer that is connected on the same wireless connection as the mobile device.
Google allows its users to access the printer to accomplish any print job that would be done through the cloud service of Google directly from the mobile device without any use of wired connection on the HP printer device.
The major chore expected to be available on any printer is to hold the capability to print with the absolute quality in printed copy using the proper customary ways of printing.
The scanner glass helps to get a duplicate copy of the original documents or the photo that is fed to it through the automatic document feeder to scan.
Scanning of documents or photos on hand as the papered copies lets the users to copy the document or photo as a file to the connected computer automatically.
123 HP Officejet 5220 Driver Installation
123 HP Officejet 5220 Driver Install For Windows
To install the driver software for your HP Officejet 5220 printer on your Windows computer, follow the steps given below:
- Before beginning the printer firmware installation process, make sure that you have done all the initial setup and connections for the printer perfectly faultless.
- Then, on your computer, open 123.hp.com/oj5220 printer and select the printer model from the list displayed as HP Officejet 5220 printer.
- The website will then display a list of all the driver software firms that will well suit your printer with the extra features and make the printer more dynamic.
- From the list that is displayed on the site, choose one that includes all the required features to be added to your printer on your wish and download it.
- Once 123 hp driver download of the firmware is over on your browser, start the installation process by installing it on the Windows computer.
- Then proceed further with the process by following the on screen instructions and when the prompt to select the connection type pops up and in that select the USB connection depending on your requirements.
- Then, check the Windows computer for the list of devices and printers connected to it and check if your 123 hp driver printer is added to your computer.
123 HP Officejet 5220 Driver Install For Mac
To install the driver software for your HP Officejet 5220 printer on your MAC computer, follow the steps given below:
- Before you start off with the installation process, make sure that all the preliminary procedures are done right and precise according to the directed guidelines.
- Open 123.hp.com/setup 5220 printer on the browser of the MAC computer to get a list of available printer firmware.
- The web site will prompt you to select the 123.hp.com/support printer model. Make the choice as HP Officejet 5220 printer and the web page will display a list of firmware packages suitable for your printer.
- From the displayed list of firmware, choose one that will enhance the grades of the printers to an eminent level and download the software file.
- After the download of the software is over, install it on the MAC computer and follow as directed on screen for further process.
- If the pop up to select the connection type arises on screen, select the USB connection as such or the one you wish for.
- Connect the USB cable between the computer and your printer when the prompt for it displays if you had preferred the USB cable connection and complete the process.
123 HP Officejet 5220 Ink Cartridge Installation
Ink Cartridge Installation
To install the ink cartridges on to the HP Officejet 5220 printer, follow the mechanism explained below:
- Before you start off with the process of installing the ink cartridges on to your 123.hp.com/oj5220 printer, make sure all the setups and the connections to be done initially are perfectly done.
- Also check if the printer turned on and wait for it to get idle and enter the stand-by mode.
- Then, tear away pack of ink cartridge and take the ink cartridges out from the package.
- After the cartridges are taken out, first take off the orange tab over the ink cartridge after which the wrappers and the covering can be torn away completely.
- Then, twist out the orange cap that covers the ink nozzle from leaking by twisting it all way along in counter clockwise direction.
- Now, open the ink cartridge carriage on the printer and check if there are any safety packing and tapes stuck and overfed in it. If you find any, take away them promptly.
- Then, hold the ink cartridge in such a way that the front side is towards the carriage slot.
- Gently, insert the ink cartridges at its relevant slot by matching the color of the cartridge with the color indication on the slot.
- Then check if all the cartridges are perfectly inserted and then close the carriage and print a sample to check the excellence of ink and ink flow.
123 HP Officejet 5220 Wireless Mobile Printing
To use and include the mobile printing solutions to your HP Officejet 5220 printer, follow the steps explained below:
- To setup the ePrint feature on to your HP printer device, open the Network Setup wizard on the Printer Control Panel and click on the ePrint option.
- Then enable the ePrint feature on your printer through the panel and on confirmation, the Printer Setup Information page will be printed on your 123.hp.com/setup 5220 printer which holds all specifics about the printer along with the printer’s email address that can be used to send the print job from the mobile device.
- If you desire to include the cloud print feature to your printer, join up your printer on to the Google Cloud service and also connect the mobile device to the Google cloud by signing in to the own account.
- The Airprint feature can be integrated to the printer by turning on the Airprint features on the Apple mobile device and connecting both the printer and the mobile device on to the same wireless network connection.
123 HP Officejet 5220 Wireless Setup
Wireless Printer Setup For Windows
To setup the wireless network connection on the HP Officejet 5220 printer, follow the steps given below:
- The process of connecting your HP Officejet 5220 printer can be commenced only after the printer is done with the initial setups and connection perfectly.
- Also, check if the router provides an active and an unremitting internet which is requisite for a printer.
- Then, turn on the HP Officejet 5220 printer, computer and the router and connect your computer to the network.
- Now, on the Printer Control Panel of the HP Officejet 5220 printer, open the Wireless Setup Wizard that would display the list of accessible networks in the vicinity of the printer.
- Select the 123 hp wireless network provided by your router and substantiate if prompted.
- If you couldn’t find your wireless network name on the displayed list on the panel, go for the option Enter New Network Name and type in the name of the network and authenticate with password manually, if prompted.
- Now check if the wireless connection indicator on 123.hp.com/oj5220 printer device is lit and if so, the connection is been setup successfully.
Wireless Printer Setup For MAC
To setup the wireless network connection to your HP Officejet 5220 printer, follow the procedure explained below:
- Before starting off with the process of connecting your HP Officejet 5220 printer to the wireless network, makes sure that the printer is been setup to the initial settings and the connections perfectly.
- Also check if the router is capable of providing the necessary network connection to both the printer and the computer.
- Also ensure that the printer is not connected with your computer through the USB cable connection.
- Now, on the Printer Control Panel of your HP printer device, open the Wireless Setup Wizard to get the list of handy wireless network. Select your specific wireless network provided by your router and connect your printer with it.
- If the panel prompts for the substantiation of your network on the printer, validate it with the password manually.
- On a successful setup of the wireless network on your 123.hp.com/setup oj5220 printer device, the wireless status indicator on your printer will be lit.
123 HP Officejet 5220 Troubleshooting
Printer is Offline for Windows and Mac
When the HP Officejet 5220 printer is marked as Offline on your both Windows or a MAC computer display, follow the steps below to resolve it.
- Before checking any other possibilities check if the printer device is turned on and is in active state.
- Click open the display that shows the register of devices and printers associated to your computer. If your printer name is not displayed on the list, try to start over the printer and the computer. If it is found later, put it as the default printer device for your computer that is connected to the printer.
- Also, check if the wireless connections of the HP Officejet 5220 printer are right with an active internet connection provided by the router.
- Also, make sure that the signal of the wireless network initiated from the router is strong enough to carry out the assigned errands without any blocks.
- If the prompt to improve your firmware crop up on your computer, do it from 123.hp.com/setup 5220 printer.
- Try to send any printer job call to the printer and if you can find your HP Officejet 5220 printer name while stipulating the printer name with the print job, then the issue is been resolved.
Printer not found during Driver Setup for Windows and Mac
To solve the problem of missing printer device during the driver installation process on the Windows or a MAC computer that occur with your HP Officejet 5220 printer, follow the steps given below:
- Before trying any other options and trial methods turn off your HP Officejet 5220 printer and turn on again.
- If there is any disturbance in the power supply lines of the printer, remove them at once and make sure of fine power supply which is imperative for the printer to work.
- Also try to shut down your computer by closing all the running applications on the computer and then turn it on again to see if the printer is found then after restarting.
- Restart your HP printer and make all the essential setups to connect your 123.hp.com/oj5220 printer to the network.
- Check if the HP Officejet 5220 printer device and computer is connected fine through either an USB cable or a Wi-Fi. If the connection is through the USB cable, check if the quality of the cable is good.
- When you have tried every different alternate method to resolve this issue at time of driver installation, try to install the driver software and see if you can find your printer.