123 HP Officejet 5746 Printer Setup
HP Officejet 5746 printers are developed aimed mainly at the office works more than the usual normal house works. It also supports the works at micro levels to dual roles at home and home – office. It is a multi functional printer which allows the use 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer for tasks like print, copy, scan and fax.
- All these features are in-built on the printer and the user can also some extra additional features to the printer depending on their desire and needs.
- Which does not any require any special software or devices and can be done just through the proper selected printer firmware installation.
123 HP Officejet 5746 First Time Printer Setup
Step 1: Unboxing the printer
- First check if the package that has the new printer is undamaged and then tear away all the tapes and the wrappers casing the pack.
- Then take 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer out from the package along with its accessories pack and leave it in a safe and flat place and also convenient.
Step 2:Installation of Ink Cartridges
- Now, take the genuine ink cartridges provided by the HP along with the printer pack out from enclose.
- Remove all the wrappers and cartons away from the printer package and install it in its relevant slots on the carriage of the printer by matching it color.
Step 3:Load Enough Papers
- After other connections and setups are done, open the input tray and load it with required number of fresh and plain sheets of papers.
- Also, make sure that the papers used to load the input tray of the printer would suit all kinds of print jobs that are to be assigned to 123.hp.com/setup 5746 printer.
123 HP Officejet 5746 Services
ePrint is a feature that uses the printer’s email address to send any print job directly to the printer from the mobile device through the wireless network connection.
Airprint is explicitly provided for the Apple devices to assign the print job directly to the printer through same wireless network between the printer and the mobile device.
Google allows the users to ingress the printer for any print jobs to be done through the cloud service of Google directly from the mobile device without any use of wired connection.
The major task of any printer is to hold the ambit to print with the utmost quality in printed copy using the proper recognized ways of printing.
The scanner glass consent the user to get a ditto copy of the original documents or the photo fed to it through the automatic document feeder.
Scanning of documents or photos available as the papered copies allows the users to copy the document or photo to the printer memory or the connected computer automatically at a specific folder.
123 HP Officejet 5746 Driver Installation
123 HP Officejet 5746 Driver Install For Windows
To install the driver software for your HP Officejet 5746 printer on your windows computer, follow the procedure explained below:
- Before the proceedings of driver installation is taken up, make sure that the early setups and the connections for your printer are all done bull-eyed without any faults.
- Then, turn on your printer, Windows computer and the router that would provide the imminent internet connection to start off with the process of software download.
- Now, on the browser of your Windows computer, open the approved HP site.
- From the drop down list, select the printer model as HP Officejet 5746 printer to obtain the list of printer firmware that will suit your printer model.
- Select the firmware package that holds the features within you wish to integrate on your 123.hp.com/setup 5746 printer and download it.
- After the browser signals the download completion, install the downloaded firmware file on to your windows computer.
- When the display screen prompts you to make the connections, connect as per you’ve selected and complete the process of driver installation and check the devices and printers list on your computer.
123 HP Officejet 5746 Driver Install For Mac
To install the driver firmware for your HP Officejet 5746 printer on your Mac computer, follow the steps explained below:
- Before you get started with the process of installing the driver software for your HP printer device, check if the printer is been setup well and the connections made are proper and at exact ports.
- Then, turn on the HP printer device and the router and connect the computer to an active network connection after turning it on.
- Now, open the browser and go to 123 hp setup oj5746 printer and select the printer model as HP Officejet 5746 printer from the drop down list to get displayed with the list of obtainable and appropriate driver software.
- From the displayed list, select one to be installed on the computer that holds every feature you desire to include on your printer and download it.
- After the software is been downloaded, start the installation of the downloaded firmware on your Mac computer.
- Make the mandatory changes to install the software and do as prompted on screen according to the instructions.
- After the process of driver installation is completed, check if 123 hp oj5746 printer is included on the devices list of the computer.
123 HP Officejet 5746 Ink Cartridge Installation
Ink Cartridge Installation
To install the ink cartridges on to the HP Officejet 5746 printer, follow the mechanism explained below:
- Before you start off with the process of installing the ink cartridges that is genuinely provided by HP on to your 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer, make sure all the setups and the connections to be done initially are perfectly done.
- Also check if the printer turned on and wait for it to go silent and become idle.
- Later, open the ink cartridge pack and take the ink cartridges out from the package.
- First, take off the orange tab over the ink cartridge after which the wrappers and the covering upon becomes loose and then rip off the wrappers and covers completely.
- Then, twist out the cap that protects the ink from leaking by twisting it in counter clockwise direction.
- Now, open the ink cartridge carriage and check if there are safety packing and tapes stuck and stuffed in it. If you find any, remove them at once.
- Then, hold the ink cartridge in such a way that the front facet where the nozzle is present.
- Gently, insert the ink cartridges at its respective slot by matching the exact color of the cartridge with the slot.
- Then check if all the cartridges are properly inserted and then close the carriage and print a sample to check the quality of ink and ink flow.
123 HP Officejet 5746 Wireless Mobile Printing
To use and include the mobile printing solutions to your printer, follow the steps explained below:
- To setup the ePrint feature on to your printer, open the Network Setup on the Printer Control Panel and click on the ePrint option.
- Then enable the ePrint feature on your printer and on confirmation, the Printer Setup Information page will be printed on your printer which holds all details about the printer along with the printer’s email address that can be used to send the print job from the mobile device.
- If wish to include the cloudprint feature to your printer, register your 123.hp.com/setup 5746 printer on to the Google Cloud service and also connect the mobile device to the Google cloud by signing in to the personal account.
- The Airprint feature can be added to the printer by turning on the Airprint features on the Apple mobile device and connecting both the printer and the mobile device on to the same wireless network connection.
123 HP Officejet 5746 Wireless Setup
Wireless Printer Setup For Windows
To setup the wireless network connection on the HP Officejet 5746 printer, follow the steps given below:
- The process of connecting your HP Officejet 5746 printer can be commenced only after the printer is done with the initial setups and connection perfectly.
- Also, check if the router provides an active and a continuous internet which is mandatory for 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer.
- Then, turn on the printer, computer and the router and connect your computer to the network.
- Now, on the Printer Control Panel of the printer, open the Wireless Setup Wizard that would display the list of available networks in the locality of 123.hp.com/support printer.
- Select the wireless network provided by your router and authenticate if prompted.
- If you couldn’t find your wireless network name on the list, select the option Enter New Network Name and type in the name of the network and password manually.
- Now check if the wireless connection indicator on the printer is lit and if so, the connection is been setup successfully.
Wireless Printer Setup For MAC
If you wish to connect your HP Officejet 5746 printer to a wireless network connection, follow the steps explained below:
- Ensure that 123 hp setup and connections are made perfectly fine for your HP Officejet 5746 printer and then turn on the printer device.
- Also, make sure that you have turned on the Mac computer and the wireless router that would provide the required network connection.
- Then, on the Printer Control Panel of the HP Officejet 5746 printer, open the Wireless Setup Wizard which displays the list of all the wireless networks in the printer’s access area.
- From the displayed list, pick one wireless network for your printer to connect with the network. If the panel prompts for affirmation, do it.
- If your network name is not found on that displayed list, choose the option Enter New Network Name on the panel and give the name of the network manually and also the password, if prompted.
- On the thriving setup of the wireless network between 123.hp.com/setup oj5746 printer device and the Mac computer, the status indicator will glow.
123 HP Officejet 5746 Troubleshooting
Printer is Offline for Windows and Mac
When the HP Officejet 5746 printer is marked as Offline on your both Windows or a MAC computer display, follow the steps below to resolve it.
- At first, check if your HP Officejet 5746 printer device is turned on and is in the active state. If not, restart the printer to make it firm with the setups.
- Then, on your computer, check for the list of devices and printers that are connected to the computer and see if your HP Officejet 5746 printer is in the active state and then make it as the default printer device.
- Also, check if 123 hp wireless connections of the HP Officejet 5746 printer are proper and the router is on the right and speedy internet connection.
- If the HP Officejet 5746 printer is connected to a network through a wired cable, then check if the cable is connected on the accurate and precise port.
- If the on screen instructions prompt you to make improvements and modifications on your printer firmware installed on the computer, update it from 123.hp.com/setup 5746 printer.
- Attempt to print any document or photo and if you can find your HP Officejet 5746 printer name when assigning the print job, then the issue is been resolved.
Printer not found during Driver Setup for Windows and Mac
To solve this issue with your HP Officejet 5746 printer heading up during the installation process on the Windows or a MAC computer, follow the steps given below:
- When the issue of detecting your printer during the driver installation, first turn off your printer.
- Check if all the power cords are unblemished and the power supply is perfect and continuous which both are mandatory.
- If there are any blocks and twists on the power supply lines, remove them immediately to ensure a steady power supply which is the main requirement.
- Then close all the running applications on your computer to ensure proper switching off of the computer and shut it down and start it again to soothe the setup of the computer and then turn on.
- Then, setup your HP Officejet 5746 printer to the wireless network provided by your wireless router.
- Also, check if the HP Officejet 5746 printer is not broken and all its parts are safe and protected.
- When you are done trying all the alternate methods to resolve this issue, try to install the driver software for your 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer on the computer.
- If your HP Officejet 5746 printer is found, then the issue is been resolved and your printer is all set to work as usual.