123.hp.com/oj6956 - 123 HP Officejet 6956 Driver Setup
The HP Officejet 6956 printer is a common and most familiar printer model at an economical price.This 123.hp.com/oj6956 printer lets you to use and experience different variety of features regarding the official paper works which makes the work easier.
- The different feature support offered by the printer blows up the total working scenario, both at office and home.
- The HP printers extend their wide handed support that takes up the printer’s efficiency level to a lot greater heights.
- Along with the perfect setups and connections and the right driver software,the HP Officejet 6956 printer works great.
123 HP Officejet 6956 First Time Printer Setup
Step 1: Unboxing the printer
- Remove all the taps and wrappers around the package of the HP Officejet 6956 printer using a sharp object and remove it out from the package.
- Then, remove the 123.hp.com/setup 6956 printer and its accessories from the box.
Step 2:Installation of Ink Cartridges
- After connecting the power cord to the HP printer, open the ink cartridge access door and take away the cartridge out from the package and remove all the coverings.
- Now, gently insert the ink cartridge on the respective slots. After inserting all the ink cartridge, close the access door.
Step 3:Load Enough Papers
- Pull up the output tray of the HP Officejet 6956 printer and pull out the input tray.
- Place the fresh plain sheets of paper suitable and sufficient for printing on the input tray of the HP Officejet 6956 printer.
123 HP Officejet 6956 Services
HP ePrint is an online cloud service that allows the user to print any type of document or photo from anywhere with an active internet connection.
Airprint is a mobile printing solution that works well on only with the Apple devices running on iOS version 4.2 or later developed versions.
Google cloud print is a free service available on any device that allows you to print any documents or a photo and doesn’t need any special software or application.
The most basic feature of the HP Officejet 6956 printer is the facility to print any kind of documents, from the basic text document to a photo.
HP Officejet 6956 printer is enhanced with the feature to copy any file or document fed to the printer while scanning or printing and save them on the printer memory.
The HP Officejet 6956 Printer not only provides you the feature of printing a document. It also allows you to scan a paper document and save them on your computer.
123 HP Officejet 6956 Driver Installation
123 HP Officejet 6956 Driver Install For Windows
To install the printer driver software for your HP Officejet 6956 printer on your Windows, follow the steps given below :
- After you’re done with the initial setups and connections, open the browser on your windows computer.
- Visit 123.hp.com/setup 6956 and select the printer model as hp printer.
- On selecting the printer, the web page will display the list of offered driver software package for your printer model such that the software package makes your printer more efficient.
- Download a software package that would support all the features on your HP printer.
- After the download is over, install the software file on your Windows computer.
- Follow the on screen instructions as directed and when it prompts you to select the connection type to connect your HP Officejet 6956 printer with the network, select the option, USB cable connection.
- Then, connect the USB cable to your printer device when it prompts you to connect.
- Now, check if your HP printer name is listed on the Devices and Printers list on your Windows computer.
123 HP Officejet 6956 Driver Install For Mac
To install the printer driver software for your HP Officejet 6956 printer on your MAC computer, follow the steps given below:
- After the HP Officejet 6956 printer is setup to the initial specifications and the connections, open the browser on your MAC computer.
- Visit 123 hp oj6956 and select printer as the printer model.
- The web page will display a list of driver software that supports all the features of the HP Officejet 6956 printer.
- Select an apt software package that would suit your printer model and download it.
- Once the software file completes its download, install the software on your MAC computer.
- Follow as directed on screen and when it prompts you to choose the connection type, select USB cable connection.
- Then, connect your 123 hp setup oj6956 printer with the computer through an USB cable when it prompts you to connect the USB cable.
- On your MAC computer, open the devices list and check if your HP Officejet 6956 printer is present on that list.
123 HP Officejet 6956 Ink Cartridge Installation
Ink Cartridge Installation
To install the ink cartridges on the HP Officejet 6956 printer, follow the steps given below :
- To install the ink cartridge, open the ink cartridge carriage access door. If the scanner lid is open, you’ll not be able to open the ink cartridge access door.
- Ensure that the 123.hp.com/oj6956 printer becomes inactive and noiseless before proceeding.
- On the ink cartridge, there will be an orange pull-up tab. Pull back the orange tab totally.
- Before you ensue with next step, make sure that you have removed the orange pull-up tab and the plastic wrapper around the cartridge utterly. Otherwise, there are chances for the ink to seep out from the cartridge.
- Grab hold of the ink cartridge and twist the orange cap that protects the ink from leaking. Twist the orange cap in counter-clockwise until it comes off.
- While doing this, don’t lay a hand on the copper colored part or ink nozzle to prevent the ink from clogging or ink failure.
- Gently bend the tab away from the ink cartridge. Be sure that you don’t bend the cartridge away more. Bending more than this limit might result in cartridge damage or breaking off of that particular tab.
- Turn the ink cartridge in such a way that the contacts of the ink cartridge are downwards facing the ink slots on the carriage. Then match the color of the cartridge with slot color.
- Slide the cartridge into the respective slot and gently push down the cartridge so that it fits into its place well.
123 HP Officejet 6956 Wireless Mobile Printing
- On the Control Panel of your 123.hp.com/setup 6956 printer, select the eprint button or option and then turn on the web services.
- After you turn on the Web services on your HP printer device, the Printer Setup Instructions page will be printed on the printer which holds information about the email address of your HP printer which can be used to send the print job through email.
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer or the Chrome book and sign in to your personal Google account to setup the Cloud printing feature on your 123 hp setup oj6956 printer.
- Search for the devices registered on the Chrome through the search bar and then press enter.
- If your 123.hp.com/oj6956 printer is listed under the new devices list, click Register.
- Connect your Apple iOS device to the same wireless network connection to use the Airprint feature.
123 HP Officejet 6956 Wireless Setup
Wireless Printer Setup For Windows
To set up your HP Officejet 6956 printer with the wireless network through your Windows computer, follow the steps given below :
- After you have made the initial setups and connections for your HP Officejet 6956 printer right, make it sure that you have not connected any USB or Ethernet cable to your printer.
- Turn on the HP Officejet 6956 printer, wireless router and the windows computer to establish the wireless connection to your printer.
- On the Printer Control Panel of your 123.hp.com/setup oj6956 printer, go to Wireless setup.
- The Wireless Setup Wizard opens in which a list of wireless networks available will be displayed.
- Select your wireless network name and connect your HP printer to that network.
- If you network name is unavailable on the list, select the option Enter New Network Name and type the name of your wireless network.
- If the panel prompts you to authenticate, type the password of your wireless network manually.
- On successful connection establishment, the wireless status indicator will be lit on the HP Officejet 6956 printer.
Wireless Printer Setup For MAC
To connect your HP Deskjet 2632 printer to the wireless network through a MAC computer, follow the steps given below:
- After the initial setups and connections are done right and perfect for the HP Deskjet 2632 printer, turn on your printer, wireless router and the MAC computer.
- Make it sure that your HP printer is not connected with the computer through a wired USB or Ethernet cable.
- On the Printer Control panel of the 123 hp oj6956 printer, go to the wireless setup.
- The Wireless Setup Wizard displays a list of wireless network that are available in your backdrop for your printer to connect with.
- Select wireless network name of your router to connect your HP printer device to that network.
- Follow the on screen instructions as directed and advance to the next steps. If the password for your wireless network was prompted, validate your network.
- On successful setup of the wireless network for your HP Deskjet 2632 printer, the wireless status indicator on your printer will be lit.
123 HP Officejet 6956 Troubleshooting
Printer is Offline for Windows and Mac
When the HP Officejet 6956 printer displays as Offline on your both Windows or a MAC computer, follow the steps below to resolve it.
- Firstly, check if your HP Officejet 6956 printer device is turned on and is in the ready state. If not, restart it.
- Go to the windows that would display the devices and printers linked on your computer and check your printer name.
- If it is not marked as active, select the option Set as Default Printer and make it the default printer.
- Also, check if the wireless connections of the 123.hp.com/setup 6956 printer are appropriate and the router is with a vibrant internet connection.
- If the HP Officejet 6956 printer is connected to a network through a wired cable, then check if the cable is connected on the exact port.
- If the on screen instructions prompt you to update your printer driver software installed on your Windows or the MAC computer, update it from the authorized HP site.
- Attempt to print and if you can find your HP printer device name while specifying the printer name with the print job, then the issue is been cleared.
Printer not found during Driver Setup for Windows and Mac
To solve this issue occurring during the installation process on the Windows or a MAC computer, follow the steps given below :
- When you are caught up with this issue, first turn off your printer.
- Check if all the power cords and power supply is seamless and unflawed.
- Remove if any obstacle is there on the power supply lines to rectify your power supply to a continuous connection for the power supply is the main requirement for your printer to be in the active state.
- Then shut down your windows or the MAC computer after you close all the running applications to restart it.
- Later, switch on your computer and your HP Officejet 6956 Printer.
- Do all the obligatory setups to connect your printer to the network which is already explained above. Kindly refer them for any doubts.
- Also, check if the HP Officejet 6956 printer is without any damage and in proper state.
- After you’re done with the whole thing, try to print a sample copy of some file.
- If your 123.hp.com/oj6956 printer is found, then the issue is been solved.