123 Officejet 8040 Printer Setup
123 HP Officejet 8040 printer is a neat all-in-one printer that comes with print functions which are proper for both private and official use. 123.hp.com/oj8040 has a collection of attributes such as automatic feeder, neat organization system, Scan to e-mail, Scan to folder and Wi-Fi facility which serves as a major benefit for its users.
- This printer also comes with the HP thermal inkjet technology which is known for its high-quality ink and automatic feeder system which makes printing fun for its users.
- This printer incorporates the neat organization system which not just scans… but reads and identifies all your data and helps turn it into a soft copy.
123 HP Officejet 8040 First Time Printer Setup
Step 1: Unboxing the printer
- Dispose of the tapes and Styrofoam after carefully unloading the printer from its box. Strip the printer by getting rid of all the plastic wraps.
- Open the cartridge access door and eradicate the protective wraps inside the ink carriage.
Step 2:Power cord connection:
- Get hold of the power cord cable that comes with the package and ensure to secure it to the socket found in the printer’s rear.
- Link the other end to a power socket found in the nearby wall in order to provide electricity and activate 123.hp.com/setup 8040 printer.
Step 3:Ink cartridge installation:
- Unhook the lock on the cartridge access door and hoist it up until it locks into its place. Continue further to unpack the ink cartridges from their individual packages.
- Position the newly unpacked ink cartridges in their respective slots and gently press on them to secure them.
123 HP Officejet 8040 Services
Life of a printer user would be much easier when they can print data straight from their mail. therefore here is the ePrint feature that allows you to do just that.
Airprint feature authorizes ease of access to the printer for the apple users and allows them to print without time constraint.
Cloudprint is a feature that allows the printer users to print data from their cloud storage without any further processing.
123 Officejet 8040 printer comes with the automatic feeder to make printing leisure and to improve the usage and take it to the next level.
The copying capability of the printer assists the people with reproducing data for better preservation and higher accomplishment.
Scanning is an element that was thought-out just so the users can convert the documents that are to be preserved and used appropriately.
123 HP Officejet 8040 Driver Installation
123 HP Officejet 8040 Driver Install For Windows
- Search for the compatible printer driver on the official HP website and download it. Before installing, ensure that your computer meets the requirements of the software.
- Connect 123.hp.com/setup 8040 with a power source to turn on the printer. Make sure to connect the printer to a legitimate power source.
- Linking your printer to an illegitimate power source can cause fluctuations in the power, which can be hazardous to the printer and cause damage to.
- Stay equipped with a USB cable connection. The installation of the driver might need one in the latter steps of the entire process.
- Verify if the downloaded printer driver software is compatible with your computer and then install it.
- The printer would require the help of a USB cable connection at this step of the process. Satiate the need of the printer with a USB cable when it is needed.
- Continue to follow with the instructions given by the installer on the display of the computer in order to complete the process.
123 HP Officejet 8040 Driver Install For Mac
- The MAC OS insists on its own printer setup process, follow the instruction given by the setup process to finish the setup completely.
- Unite 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer to a power source in order to turn it on. Make sure that the power source is securely connected.
- Make sure that you disconnect all the intact wired connections of the printer. If any left, the prompts may be interrupted with requirements for the necessary installations.
- Test out if both the computer and the printer are connected to the shared network. Ensure that the network has in a nearby proximity.
- The Mac dock demands to install a downloadable file that is presented by it. Press on the downloadable file to download it and proceed to install it.
- If there are any USB connections that are still intact with the printer, the installer would demand the necessary installations.
- Go on with the instructions are given on the monitor by the MAC installer to proceed forward with the completion of the installation process.
123 HP Officejet 8040 Ink Cartridge Installation
Ink Cartridge Installation
- Connect 123 HP Officejet 8040 printer to a power socket and turn it on. verify if the power source supplies steady electricity.
- Unbolt the lock on the ink cartridge access door and raise it in order to open it. Hoist the door up completely until it locks into place.
- The moment the cartridge access door is completely open, the carriage inside moves a tad to the left. Hold on for the carriage to become silent to proceed.
- Do away with the plastic protective tape from the ink cartridge and make sure to handle the ink cartridges only by the black region of the cartridge.
- Unveil the slot by hoisting up the locks on it and position the respective ink cartridges in their corresponding slots.
- Push the ink cartridges into the relevant slots gently until they click into the slots, which inform that they are locked into their slots. Make safe the locks on the slots.
- After confirming that the ink cartridges are secure in their places, substantiate to secure the cartridge access door. Hang around until the printer calibrates and cartridges.
- After the printer makes out the installed ink cartridges, it will routinely initiate to print out an alignment page.
- Abide by the instructions given on the alignment page in order to line up with 123 HP Officejet 8040 printer to complete the installation.
123 HP Officejet 8040 Wireless Mobile Printing
- Connect your 123 HP Officejet 8040 printer to a power source and then turn it on. Check the state of the device to proceed further.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi direct on your printer by using the setting on the control panel of 123.hp.com/setup 8040 printer.
- Choose the name of the preferred network from the given list of networks from the wireless setup wizard option.
- If your preferred network is not found in any manner, type the name of the network in the Enter new network option in order to connect it.
- Connect your mobile to Wi-Fi by activating the Wi-Fi option and choosing the preferred network. Select the preferred network from the given list of networks
- Elect the documents or pictures from files and then proceed to print on your mobile. Choose print and select the printer’s name from the given list to proceed with printing.
123 HP Officejet 8040 Wireless Setup
Wireless Printer Setup For Windows
- Unite a power source to 123.hp.com/oj8040 Printer and turn it on along with the router and computer. Attest to install the compatible printer driver.
- You can attach your printer to a favored network by means of the settings option on the control panel of the printer.
- Rummage around for the wireless network wizard in the settings and choose the wireless network setting to elect the favored network from the given list.
- If your network is complicated to find in the given list of networks, manually enter by using the Enter new network and proceed with the printing process.
- Separate any wired connections that are associated with 123 HP Officejet 8040 printer prior to the beginning of the procedure.
- If some of the intact wired connections are left out on the printer, there might be some disorder in the process that can cause the installer to ask for necessary installations.
Wireless Printer Setup For MAC
- Download the printer driver for the apt version of Mac OS from the official HP website. Make sure that your computer is set up according to your software’s requirements.
- Make active the computer, router, and 123 HP Officejet 8040 printer. Be certain that all the devices have an adequate electrical connection before going on further.
- Sever any intact wire connections that are linked with the printer, if any connections are secure, the installer confuses the setup process.
- Connect the printer to the mutual wireless network as that of the computer, by using the wireless setup wizard setting on the printer’s control panel.
- If the name of your network cannot be found within the given list, type it in the Enter new network option to connect the printer to it.
- Follow the installer given onscreen instruction further to complete the whole process of wireless setup with 123 HP Officejet 8040 printer and proceed to print.
123 HP Officejet 8040 Troubleshooting
Printer is Offline for Windows and Mac
- Validate if the router that is providing the network connection is operational. Also, verify that the network connection is sturdy.
- Make sure that the favored computer and the 123 HP Officejet 8040 printer is connected to a familiar internet connection.
- Remove all the intact electrical connection and reattach them to initiate a power cycle to restart the printer, computer, and the router.
- This power cycle starts a new and overriding connection between the devices which helps to reinforce the connection with the printer.
- Check if the network’s proximity is unwavering and that it is sturdy. Make certain that it is linked to the printer and computer.
- Uninstall the printer driver software and download the latest adaptation of the software from 123.hp.com/setup 8040 and re-install it.
- Make sure to keep posted on the printer firmware, so that the printer stays superior all the times.
- Proceed to link your computer to the wireless network connection and take care that it shows no fault with the connection.
Printer not found during Driver Setup for Windows and Mac
- Restart 123 HP Officejet 8040 printer by disuniting all the connections to the entire power connection and re-linking them to turn it on.
- Check if the 123 HP Officejet 8040 printer is connected to an internet connection by inspecting if the green light.
- If it is cut off to the wireless network, connect it again to the network by using the settings on the control panel.
- Choose your designated wireless network from the given list of networks in the wireless network wizard.
- If you cannot locate your network in the given list of networks, physically type the name of the network with the Enter new network.
- Download the new adaptation of the printer driver from official HP site and install it on your computer.
- Halt the firewall in your system for a temporary period, if you have a Windows. Firewall threats may terminate the printer and computer’s communication.
- If 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer driver setup is unsuccessful yet again, uninstall HP printer driver from your computer and reinstall it for an enhanced effect.