123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Setup
HP Officejet Pro 6978 printers are a better choice when the place of usage will be a small office or a home. The average print quality of the printer is always above and satisfies the user’s expectations and needs. hp officejet pro 6978 printer allows multiple connectivity options that thereby enhance 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer to be enabled to many other features.
- The printer is designed in such a way that officejet 6978 printer is user friendly and helps the user in using the myriad features provided hp6978 printer.
- All these features make the printer more enhanced and efficient.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 First Time Printer Setup
Step 1: Unboxing the printer
- Unbox the printer pack up and remove all the wrappers and coverings from the printer using a sharp object, carefully.
- Also, take the accessories and power cables out from its package and locate a safe and flat surface and leave the printer in that place so that you can be comfortable using support.hp.com/driver printer.
Step 2: Installation of Ink Cartridges
- Then, connect the power cables in its port and power socket and open the ink cartridge carriage door to insert the ink cartridges.
- Now, remove the ink cartridge out from the package and take off all the wrappers and safety tabs and guards that are protecting the ink from leaking and insert the ink cartridge in its respective slot.
Step 3: Load Enough Papers
- Now, open the input tray on 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer and take off all the tapes stuck on the input tray.
- Then, load the tray with new sheets of papers that are fresh and without crushes, appropriate for all the print jobs and make sure that it would be enough for the works to be carried out.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 Services
ePrint is a mobile printing solution that is used particularly when the user is not just about hp 6978 setup printer’s location and it just uses the email to send the print jobs.
Apple allows its mobile device to allot the print job directly from it to 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer using the feature called Airprint that uses the wireless network as the main requirement.
Cloudprint is trait that uses the Google cloud services to print any document or photo on 123.hp.com/setup ojpro6978 printer from the mobile device through a wireless network.
The HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer’s most likable task is its capability to print any document or photo or a web page with the utmost quality regardless of the type of file.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer allows the flair to copy a document in paper format to the same paper format using the scanner glass as a duplicate copy.
Scanning of a document or photo allows the user to save it and use it later when needed in further which is saved involuntarily on the coupled computer.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver Installation
123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver Install For Windows
To install the appropriate firmware for your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer on your Windows computer, follow the procedure explained below:
- Before the process of installing the driver software for your printer on your computer is initiated, check if all the setups and connections are made faultless.
- Then, open 123.hp.com/setup 6978 and choose the printer model to get displayed with the list of firmware that would suit your printer.
- When the web page loads and displays the on hand firmware that would be suitable for your selected printer model. Select one from the displayed list and start with the download process.
- Once after the software file is downloaded, initiate the installation process and go along as directed with the on screen instructions for further assistance.
- At a while, the prompt to select the connection type for your HP printer will pop up. You can choose the connection type as you wish depending upon your needs and functions to be performed.
- Then, connect the USB cable between the printer and the computer when it instructs you to do and get done with the installation process.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver Install For Windows
To install the driver software for your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer on your MAC computer, follow the steps of method explained below:
- Before you get into the process of installing the driver software for your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, check out the connections and other setups which are more vital.
- Also, check if the internet connection provided by the router is strong enough to perform all the works.
- Then, open 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 and select the printer model as HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer to obtain the list of hp 6978 drivers software for your printer.
- Then the webpage would display a list of all the printer firmware packages suitable for your 123 hp ojpro6978 printer model and choose one from it and start the download process.
- Once the browser indicated the completion of download of the software file, install it on your MAC computer.
- Follow as directed on screen for further instructions on the right procedure and complete it.
- When the prompt to choose the connection type and to make the connection pop up on the screen, do it as you desire and complete the installation process.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 Ink Cartridge Installation
Ink Cartridge Installation
To install the ink cartridges for the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer into it, follow the steps given below:
- Before you decide and initiate the process of installing the ink cartridges for your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, make all the connections and setups flawlessly good.
- Then, take the ink cartridges out from the accessories package provided along with the printer.
- Remove all the safety locks and tabs that put all the wrappers and coverings together in such a way protecting the ink from leaking.
- Now, twist the orange cap on the ink cartridge that’s guarding the ink from leaking, in counter clockwise direction until it comes off from the cartridge to make way for the ink to flow.
- Now, gently bend away the lock tab fixed on the sides of the cartridge that will be used to lock the cartridge in its slots.
- Then, open the ink cartridge carriage door on 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer to insert the ink cartridges in its slots.
- Check if there are any tapes or stickers stuck inside the carriage and if you find any, remove them at once.
- Now, hold the cartridge with its front facet facing down towards the slot so that the copper contacts and the ink flow nozzle is left in.
- Gently, insert the ink cartridges of a particular color into its respective slots by matching both and close the carriage door and complete the process.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Mobile Printing
There are many mobile printing solutions provided for the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer. Its setup procedure is explained as follows:
- To setup the ePrint facility on your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, touch the ePrint option on the Printer Control panel.
- Now turn on the option to enable the ePrint feature after which the Printer setup information page will be printed on confirmation which would hold information about the printer’s email address to which the print job can be sent.
- To setup the cloudprint feature on the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, open the Google chrome browser on the connected computer and add your HP printer device to the devices list of the chrome browser.
- If you wish to add the Airprint feature on your 123 hp setup ojpro6978 printer, turn on the Airprint option on your Apple mobile device. Also, make sure that you connect both the mobile device and the printer device to the same wireless network connection.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup
Wireless Printer Setup For Windows
To establish the wireless network connection for your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, follow the steps given below:
- Before you start the process of connecting your 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer to a wireless network connection, make sure that you have made all the connections and the setups right.
- After checking this, open the Wireless Setup Wizard on your Printer Control Panel which will display a list of all the available wireless networks around the location of the printer.
- Choose the wireless network provided by your router from the list displayed on the panel and connect your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer to it.
- In the flow of procedure, if the panel requests you to authenticate your wireless network, validate it with the set password, manually.
- In case, if your wireless network is not indicated on the list, choose the option Enter New Network Name and type your wireless network name and the password, if prompted.
- When the printer is been connected to a good wireless network, the wireless network status indicator will be lit on hp officejet pro 6978 setup printer.
Wireless Printer Setup For MAC
To setup your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer to a wireless network connection through a Mac computer, follow the steps given below:
- Initially, before you start with the process of connecting your printer to a wireless network, make sure that the connections are perfect and the Mac computer is connected right with the printer.
- Once the connections are been checked, turn on your printer, computer and the router.
- Then on the Printer Control Panel, open hp officejet pro 6978 wireless setup Wizard which displays you with the list of wireless networks that are available in the location of the printer.
- Choose your wireless network provided by your router and then do the necessary procedures to connect your printer with it.
- If the printer panel prompts you to validate your network with the password, do it to authenticate your network.
- If wireless network name is not listed on the display, select the option Enter New Network Name and type the network name and the password, if required, manually.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting
Printer is Offline for Windows and Mac
If your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer goes offline at times in your Windows or Mac computer, follow the below steps to resolve it;
- First of all, reset the printer environment from its location and the connections to the network connections.
- Also, check if the wireless network or wired Ethernet connection provided by the router is strong enough for the printer to catch up with the timely updates.
- Then try to restart the printer device and the connected computer to reset its preferences.
- On your computer, open the list of devices and printers that are registered on it and look for your printer name. If your printer is not marked as the default printer device, right click on your printer name and select the option Set as Default printer.
- If required, update the driver firmware from 123.hp.com/setup 6978 and make the necessities.
- Also, check if the cables and power supply to the printer is proper and mainly continuous, for the consistent power supply is main key for the proper working of the printer.
- Then, check your devices and printers list and if your printer is active, the issue is been resolved.
Printer not found during Driver Setup for Windows and Mac
If your printer is not found during the driver setup on your Windows or a Mac computer, follow the steps given below:
- Initially, restart your printer device, computer and the router that provides the network connection for 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer.
- Also, check the power cords and the other connections of the printer. If there are any flaws found on cords and cables.
- Check if the router provides proper network connection to both the printer and the computer. Also make sure that the network strength is fair enough.
- If the network connection is not proper or weak, disconnect the connection and make the connections again fresh and new.
- If it is a wireless connection you use for your printer to connect with a network, then make the connections manually from the Printer Control Panel.
- Uninstall the driver firmware installed on your computer and also delete the printer name from the devices and printers list.
- Then, install an updated printer firmware from 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 and if you can find your printer name during the process, the issue is been resolved.