123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer Setup
123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer is a wide format all in one printer, with facilities for copying, scanning, printing and sending fax. It also has Apple air print, HP ePrint, Mopria print services and wireless direct printing. To set up 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer, after you get the package, decide on a safe place to keep 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 printer. Unbox the package safely according to the instructions. Set up the printer parts, following the printer assembling instructions.
- Once you have properly set, 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer is good to go, for printing and other functions.
- Printer set up will give the guidelines for the printer, driver set up, wireless and network connectivity for 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer.
123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 First Time Printer Setup
Step 1: Unboxing the printer
- First, remove the printer from the package, and remove all the packing material inside 123.hp.com/setup 7740 printer.
- Connect the printer’s power cable to the outlet located in the back of the printer, and the other end of the power cable to the electrical outlet.
Step 2: Installation of Ink Cartridges
- Turn on the printer and install the ink cartridges through the ink cartridge access door.
- After the ink cartridges are properly installed, close the access door and then the next process is loading the paper.
Step 3: Load Enough Papers
- 123 HP Officejet Pro7740 Printer has two trays to load paper. Open the tray, remove if any package materials are in, and open the tray extension lid.
- Place the papers longitudinally, with the printable side facing down. Fit the paper guides in, until rests well against 123 hp ojpro7740 printer edges.
123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Services
With ePrint services, you can send documents and photos directly and securely to the printer through mail. You can also send documents for print from laptop, tablet, computer and smartphones, when you have an active network connection.
Airprint is a mobile printing service, where you can print from an iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, with iOS software.
It is a technology, which enables you to print the files from Google Cloud print from any digital devices and work stations.
Print, can be done from any smart phones and other devices. Once, you specify the file and allow to print, you can change the various printer properties and get the print fromHP Officejet Pro7740 Printer.
You can make copies of documents and photos using 123 HP Officejet Pro7740 Printer. You can make single side and double side copies by tweaking the settings, depending on your need.
This function in 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer, lets you to scan any documents and photos. You can scan any documents by placing it print side down on the scanner glass of 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer.
123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Driver Installation
123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Driver Install For Windows
- Once you find the printer driver in your computer, by any of the above methods, you can start the installation of 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 Printer driver. The preferred method is to set automatic preferences in the system to download the printer software.
- Install the printer software, and make all the necessary changes according to the preferences and then click ok to confirm the changes to the Printer software.
- Turn on the computer and connect it to your network. After connecting it to the network, turn on 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer.
- Once the computer and the printer are active, plug in the power cords of the printer to the computer and the electric board.
- Check it again to make sure, that the power cord from the printer is connected securely to the computer, as to enable 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer to start the print job.
- Finally, follow the driver installation instructions and download the full software of 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer. Follow those instructions to install it on the Windows.
123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Driver Install For Mac
- To install the driver on Mac OS, firstly check the compatibility of the Mac OS version. If it is compatible, connect the device to your network.
- Find the Mac software update, right click on it, to change the system preferences. Once the window opens, select the option to perform scan, print and copy.
- Check for 123 HP Officejet Pro7740 Printer, from the device list, and select it. Right click on the printer and select add printer.
- If 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer is not available in the list, then click Add Printer, and select 123.hp.com/setup 7740 Printer from the options.
- Select the use or print using menu, to select the name of the printer. Once added, follow the prompt and finish installing the software.
- After installation, close the system preferences menu and try to print, scan, copy or fax using 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer.
123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Ink Cartridge Installation
Ink Cartridge Installation
- You have to set up the HP set up ink cartridges that was provided with the printer package. Firstly open the ink cartridge access door. Make sure that the electrical cord is connected and that the printer is turned on.
- After opening the ink cartridge access door, wait until the printer gets silent and idle, before following the next steps. Once it becomes silent, follow the steps given below.
- Carefully remove the safety tabs on the ink cartridges, which is present to stop the ink from leaking out.
- The ink cartridges will have plastic wrappers; the next step is to remove the plastic wrappers. While removing the plastic wrappers, be careful and touch only the black plastic on the cartridge.
- Make sure to detach the pull tab in orange color, and plastic wrappers around the ink cartridge completely. Rotate the orange tab protecting the ink from leaking out, and remove it completely.
- Next step is placing the ink cartridge inside the computer. Hold carefully the cartridge by the sides with the color circle facing you, and press the ink cartridge forward into the slot in 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer. Place the cartridge in until it snaps in place.
- Follow the steps to install the other cartridges. After installing all the ink cartridges, finally close the ink cartridge access door. Once the ink cartridges are loaded, you can test to make prints from 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 Printer.
123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Wireless Mobile Printing
- On 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer’s Printer Control Panel, select the ePrint option. After selecting the ePrint option, turn on the web services on 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer.
- Once you turn on the web services on 123.hp.com/setup 7740 Printer, the instructions for the Printer Setup will be printed, which will instruct you about the email address for the printer.
- To set up the Cloud printing option on 123 HP Officejet Pro7740 Printer, open the Chrome browser on the device, or the Chrome book. After opening, sign in to your, Google account.
- After you sign in, you should find 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer, under the new devices list. Click on 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer and select register.
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer has the Airprint feature. To use the Airprint feature, connect the Apple iOS device, to wireless network connection. It should be connected to the same wireless network, in which the printer is connected.
123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Wireless Setup
Wireless Printer Setup For Windows
- Before connecting the printer to the wireless network, make sure that you have the correct network name and password. Turn on the router, printer, and computer. The computer should be connected to the same network as the printer.
- On 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer’s, control panel, select the Wireless settings and open the Wireless Set up wizard. Select the name of the network from the list. If the networks name is not displayed, then follow the instructions to Enter New Network Name.
- After connecting, select OK and go back to the home screen.
- Finally, download the printer driver for 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 Printer.
- Open the downloaded file from the Downloads folder and start the installation.
- After starting the installation, follow the displayed instructions, to complete the driver installation. After the printer and computer is connected to the same network, the wireless status indicator will turn on, on 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer.
Wireless Printer Setup For MAC
- Make sure that 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer and the computer are connected to the same network. Once connected, turn on the printer, wireless router and the computer with iOS software.
- Do not connect 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer with computer using a wired cord or Ethernet cord. Check to make sure of that.
- On 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer’s control panel, open the wireless setup.
- The wireless set up wizard will show a list of the available networks. Select the name of your network from the list. If the network name is not displayed, follow the instructions to Enter New Network Name.
- After connecting select OK and go back to the home screen.
- After 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer and the Mac compute is connected to the same network, the wireless status indicator on 123.hp.com/setup ojpro7740 Printer will turn on.
123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Troubleshooting
Printer is Offline for Windows and Mac
- If 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer is offline, on both the Mac and Windows computer, it can be rectified by the following steps:
- Firstly, check the power and electrical cords of the printer. Check whether it is securely connected. If the connections are secure, turn on the computer. If the printer is not in an active state, restart it and reset the initial settings.
- Open the Device and Printers option, and find the printer name in the list of devices. Find 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer, right-click and enable it. If it does not get enabled, select set as Default Printer. This option makes 123.hp.com/setup 7740 Printer, the default printer.
- Make sure that 123HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer is connected to the wireless network same as the computer. Check that the wireless router has an active network connection.
- If the printer driver firmware is not updated, then you will be prompted to update it. Go to the site and update the driver firmware according to the instructions.
- After updating and installing, try a print job. Try to print a document or a photo, if you find 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer in the print window, then the problem is solved.
Printer not found during Driver Setup for Windows and Mac
- While installing the Printer software, if the Printer not found message is alerted on the Windows or Mac computer, go through the following instructions;
- Turn off the printer, and check the power and electrical cords of the printer make sure that the power and electrical cords are securely connected.
- Check if there are any power shortages, if there is, try to make sure that you get an uninterrupted power supply as it is the most important factor, for the printer to be active.
- Power off the computer and start it again. Turn on 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer too. Set up the printer properties from the beginning once the computer is turned on.
- Connect the printer to the network, according to the instructions. Make sure that 123.hp.com/ojpro7740 Printer and the Windows and Mac computer are connected to the same network.
- After following the above steps, try a print job. While printing, if you are able to find 123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer in the list, then the problem is rectified.